Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. CocoandMint.com recognizes that it must maintain and use customer information responsibly. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested. If you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
What Personal Information We Collect:
We collect, store, and use information that you provide directly to us and information we acquire from third parties, each as detailed immediately below.
Information We Acquire From You Directly.
- We acquire information from you when you create an account, purchase a product, contact us, or participate in any questionnaires or contests. Through these channels, you might provide us with information about you, including, your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, genders, birthdays and marketing preferences.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Coco and Mint products, send gift cards and products, Coco and Mint may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Coco and Mint will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
Information We Acquire from Third Parties
- We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available information about you from third parties to prevent fraud or for advertising and marketing purposes.
- We may also acquire other information about you when you interact with third party social media features that are enabled on Coco and Mint website. This information may be collected by us or our third party partners through log files and may include your city and country location, your IP address, your browser, mobile device or other device, a unique identifier for your browser or device and details of your usage such as your preferences, “pins” and “likes”.
- Another example would include confirmations that we receive when you open an email from us, if your computer or other device supports that function.
How we use your personal information
We use the information we collect internally in our business for many business purposes, each as detailed immediately bellow.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest product announcements and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Coco and Mint, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Coco and Mint does not sell, rent, lease or otherwise share or trade your personal information to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Protection of Personal Information
Coco and Mint takes the security of your personal information seriously. We believe in providing a safe and secure experience for all of our online visitors. We maintain reasonable physical and electronic safeguards designed to limit unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, and to protect you against the criminal misuse of that information. When ordering with us, we undertake steps to secure our customers personal information. On CocoandMint.com, we employ 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that encrypts all of your private information when placing an order and transmitting that information to our payment gateway provider for authorisation. The payment gateway provider is required by law to keep this information confidential. We do not store any of your personal financial information on our servers. While we use the foregoing security measures to protect your information, please note that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be completely secure. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Website will not become publicly available. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
Your choices about the information we collect
If you do not consent to the way in which we may use your personal information, please do not submit any personal information to us. If you do not wish to receive emails about special offers and other promotions from us, click the unsubscribe link located in our emails.
Access to Personal Information
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You can always update your personal information on our web site by login into your account.
If Coco and Mint, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the event that Coco and Mint goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third-party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Coco and Mint may continue to use your personal information only in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party links, products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Widgets
Our site includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Social Media Ads
We may display targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with social media platforms. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
Please note that when you upload or transfer your picture or an image (the “Image”) to a social media site, such as Instagram, with the hashtag CocoandMint (#CocoandMint) or one of the many other hashtags employed by Coco and Mint, Ltd. (collectively, the “Hashtags”) there is a possibility that the Image may be selected by Coco and Mint, Ltd (“Coco and Mint”) or one of its affiliates, agents, retail partners or licensees (collectively, the “Affiliates”) for publication on the www.CocoandMint.com website or on other advertising and social media venues. Accordingly, by uploading an Image to a social media site or any other internet picture platform using one of the Hashtags, you hereby grant to Coco and Mint and its Affiliates an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free right and license in perpetuity to use such Image including, but not limited to, your likeness, name and biographical information depicted in such Image (collectively, the “Rights”) in connection with Coco and Mint’s and its Affiliates’ websites and all other advertising and social media venues regularly used by Coco and Mint and its Affiliates without any further notice to you or compensation for such Rights. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights in and to your Images, (ii) you have permission from all person(s) appearing in your Images to grant the rights granted herein; (iii) you are not a minor, (iv) Coco and Mint’s and its Affiliates’ use of your Images as described herein will not violate the rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity rights, of any third party or any law, and (v) the Images are not libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful or offensive. You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Coco and Mint and its Affiliates’, and any person acting on their behalf, harmless from any liability related in any way to their use of your Images. In the event that you wish to terminate your license for such Rights at some future date, please contact Legal@cocoandmint.com, at which point such written E-mail notification shall constitute your legal right to terminate the license for the Rights on 14 days notice and Coco and Mint will exercise its reasonable commercial efforts to remove your Image within such 14-day period.
If you are visiting the Website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through servers located in the United States. All information you receive from the Website will be created on servers located in the United States, and all information you provide will be maintained on web servers and systems located within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States and other countries might not be as those in your country. By using this Website and/or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States to the facilities and servers we use, and to those with whom we may share your information.
- Your California Privacy Rights
We collect various types of personal information about you during the course of your relationship with us as a customer. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask Coco and Mint one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email or write to us at:
Coco and Mint
PO Box ???
Please include your postal address in your request.
- Children’s Personal Information
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. Our website, products and services are intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), Coco and Mint does not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware of any mistaken or inadvertent collection of information from a child under the age of 13 through their misuse of our Website, we will take all necessary measures to promptly delete such information from our records. We ask all parents and guardians to assist us in our efforts to comply with COPPA by prohibiting children under the age of 13 from providing Coco and Mint with any of their personal information or using the Website without parental oversight and assistance. If a parent, guardian or anyone else becomes aware of personal information we have collected from an individual under the age of 13, please contact us.
Last Updated: November 1, 2016